Saturday, November 22, 2008

Kanye: "Hip-hop is over for me."


From an interview with Telegraph.co.uk: “Hip-hop is over for me. I sing, not rap, on this album. I now want to be grouped among those musicians you see in those old black and white photos - the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, the Beatles. And I'm not going to get there by doing just another rap album full of samples. I've had to create a whole new musical genre to describe what I'm doing now and I'm calling it 'pop-art' - which is not to be confused with the visual art movement. I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of a generation."
808's & Heartbreak is in stores Monday, 23 November 2008. As a fan of Kanye West the RAPPER, to me this is "Welcome to Heartbreak."

1 comments:

♥IBlogU♥ said...

If it touches you I want to feel it.